Airodek is a low-weight, high productivity, simple slab formwork system, suitable for slabs of up to a depth of 700mm. Its quick, safe and simple assembly process enables one man to erect up to 40m² in an hour, significantly reducing construction time and labour requirements and thereby customers costs.
- Lightweight panels and minimum number of components means that Airodek has 30% less weight and 40% fewer parts than conventional props and timber.
- With minimal components, Airodek is quick to erect and dismantle, maximising construction cycle times.
- Quick strip option allows formwork to be removed for reuse,
- whilst backpropping remains to support the slab.
- Airodek Panels and Beams are erected from below the soffit using an assembly prop, reducing the safety hazards of working at height.
- Unique Crown locates the corners of up to 4 panels simultaneously, ensuring panels cannot be easily dislodged.
- A range of edge protection options available, ensuring safe slab edge support and access.
- Full range of accessories makes this a very versatile soffit support system.
- Powder coated Aluminium Frames reduce concrete adhesion making maintenance on site easier.
- Can be used with props, decking or customers own shoring systems.
- Airodek has either a high quality ply face or a composite face, which lasts longer, provides a better finish and is easier to clean.
Application & Options
Airodek is a lightweight soffit formwork system which has been designed for easy assembly, transportation, storage and maintenance. It comes in 3 variants.
- Soffit formwork – suitable for a range of concrete slabs up to 700mm thick depending on the panels used.
VARIANT 1 PROPS AND PANELS
- The panels are supported by the crowns and props. The whole system is struck once the concrete has gained sufficient strength.
VARIANT 2 – PANELS, DECK BEAMS, CROWNS AND SHORING
- Suitable for large areas of falsework where open grids and fewer legs can be utilised. Similarly to variant 1, the whole system is struck once the concrete has gained sufficient strength.
VARIANT 3 – PANELS, DECK BEAMS, DROPHEADS AND SHORING
- A quick strip system, where the panels and deck beams are removed during the early stages of curing, whilst the dropheads and shoring remain undisturbed to support the concrete.
Features & Benefits
Airodek is based on a single principle – simplicity. Airodek has been designed for easy assembly, transportation, storage and maintenance.
- Lightweight A single operator can easily and safely handle all the equipment reducing labour times for erection and dismantling.
- Erected from below the soffit Panels and beams can be erected from below the soffit reducing working at height issues.
- Quick Strike pin Standard props have a quick strike pin which releases the load with a single hammer blow. This increases productivity and reduces noise pollution.
- Useful Accessories Spacing gates and legs provide stability prior to placing infills to columns.
- Unique CrownThe unique crown component securely locates the corners of up to four panels simultaneously ensuring panels cannot be easily dislodged.
- Safety Upstands Plastic upstands on decking beams provide secure location points and prevent the unintentional dislodging of panels.
- Infill bracket & support block Removes the necessity for additional propping adjacent to existing walls where panels don’t quite reach.
- Ply or Composite Face Airodek has either a quality ply face or a composite face, which lasts longer, provides a better finish and is easier to clean.